Saturday, March 24, 2012

Marathon Man!

So it's been a while since I've posted. Mostly because I feel that if I don't have anything interesting to say I'd rather not waste peoples time. Also I have forgotten, and of course Max.

So I will be running the River City Marathon from Folsom to Sacramento tomorrow morning.... and it looks like it will be in the rain. But I will finish.

So the reason I'm writing today is when Max died last year I promised myself 2 things. 1 was that I would get in shape. And the culmination of this is that I wanted to run a marathon before the 1 year mark (May 18th). Also we will be welcoming in a new baby into our household. Jamie is due April 27th, so I can't wait too long (this will be news to many of you).

What I wanted to do was use this Marathon running also as an opportunity to raise some donations for my football program. I know some of my friends out there will be very cynical of this whole 'Herlehy running a marathon without properly training' thing. I get it. But here is your chance to offer up an incentive for time! Here is my goal: if I can get 100 people to pledge $20, then that raises $2000 for the football program. Much better than buying crappy frozen cookies.

So this is what I'm looking at for times:
If I get 4 hours and 20 minutes I would be crazy crazy happy, and mostly in a state of disbelief. Not expecting that. I would be super duper happy with anything under 4 hours and 30 minutes. A chance... maybe not a high chance, but a chance. And I will still be happy with myself for anything under 5 hours. Actually who am I kidding? I finish and I'm happy, but those are my goals. If anyone would like to pledge some money based on me finishing, or finishing in a certain time I would really appreciate it.

I'll post my results tomorrow night along with the address for the Wildfires Boosters Club, since any pledge given will be tax detectable.

I also have included 3 pictures here. The first is the Max
tattoo I got at the start of the summer.
I designed it with some of the super heroes themes with the green light saber underneath. Some of his favorite things.










I also included the back cover of our football program from this season,




















... and a picture of the Max sticker each player wore on his helmet.

We dedicated the season to Max and had our best season ever making it all the way to the CIF championship game. He has been motivating me with my running all year, and he will continue to motivate me tomorrow when I'm hurting like a sonofabitch.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, pass it along and...

Wish me Luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck!!! You will do awesome! Stroup's will donate, but Jim said he is worried about your sodium intake at the ball park today.:-)

    ReplyDelete