Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 1- morning session

Max had his first raditation just a bit ago. He has to stand up with this harness around him for about 20 minutes or so during the radiation. Wasn't his favorite thing in the world, but I think it went fine. He's not feeling great right now- he's taking a nap in the room. I think a certain degree is about his nervousness, and unfamiliarlty of everything.
My thoughts on the hospital so far? Lots of scrubbing. 2 minutes with sponge up to forarm, then alcohol gel on the hands, and if you leave the floor... all over again. I think he'll be fine. Waiting to see how he handles the radiation. They'll give him some morphine when he needs it. I'm hoping that he doesn't turn into Christopher Walkin from the Deer Hunter.
I'll keep things going as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment