Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Monday

Tough day for Max today. They have to change the port needle every 7 days for him, and it was time. The port needle is the needle that goes into the "port" in his upper left chest. It is like a small rubber dial about 1 inch in diameter that connects more directly into his bloodstream. It allows the docs to access his blood easier (in theory). Today they had to try 4 separate times. 4 separate 'pokes'. Very tough for Max and mom who was there with him today. They finally were able to get blood from it tonight.
In addition to that trauma, his di-di (diarrhea) hit real real hard today. real hard. And to top it off he has been nausious. He threw up at least once when I was there, maybe another time. Not sure.
The thing is, his spirits have been great throughout. It's amazing.
Another tough chemo day on tuesday, then a day off of chemo on wednesday. Transplant thursday. Dad is nervous.
Uncle D (Denis) came down and spent the day with Max today. That made him very happy. Denis also took Sam tonight. Brave soul. Sam's last GCSF shot is tuesday. He's not a big fan of these. They 'harvest" from Sam Wednesday. He needs to be there around 7:30 in the morning wednesday. Keep your prayers for Sam then too.

Football?... It was nice to get to practice this morning. Travis Greene is gone all summer with an internship. Very glad he gets to do this. We do miss him however. Jace Pack looks to be a very big threat for us on both sides of the ball. I know that football seems trivial at these times, but I love football, and I love my team and my boys. So I will continue to give little mini-updates about the team. It's my blog dommit (think of Eddie Murphy as Gumby nsaying "I'm Gumby dammit)- that's what I was going for there.

No comments:

Post a Comment